Monday, February 8, 2010

Photo of the Day: Head Harbour Lighthouse, New Brunswick, Canada

This one's technically not in New England, but it's just across the International Bridge from Lubec, Maine, on Campobello Island. Because it's a few miles to the east of West Quoddy Head Lighthouse in Lubec, this one is also known as East Quoddy Head Light.

This photo was taken around 10 years ago -- I chartered a boat ride with a local fisherman to shoot several of the local lighthouses. You can't see them in this shot, but a pair of bald eagles was perched on a rock near the lighthouse.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful photo of such a special place and island!
    We love Campobello island! They are doing a fantastic job restoring Head Harbour Lighthouse. Have you been back since you had taken the photo? It is one of the most pristine and quietly gorgeous places we have been. The whales are amazing!! Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 years ago - must be scanned slide or film?? Great picture and contrast as well as great subject!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have been to the lighthouse since then, but it's been a few years. Last time I was there I walked all the way out at low tide. It's a special place, for sure!

    And yes, this was a 35mm photo taken with my trusty old Pentax K1000. It was one of a large batch of negatives I recently had scanned by Scancafe.com -- they do an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shot, lovely and bright too. I love the cross design, 10 years ago I was still using Advantix film.

    ReplyDelete